We are committed to protecting the privacy of our clients and visitors to our website. This privacy statement is intended to set out the basis upon which any personal data or information that we compile, or that you provide to us, may be collected and processed by (or on behalf of) us.
Who we are
APT Strategy Pty Ltd, ABN 81 058 368 362
Suite 139, Level 14, 167 Eagle St Brisbane QLD 4000
T (07) 3012 6434
Personal information held about you
We may collect and hold personal information such as a person’s name, address, date of birth, income, tax file number (TFN) and such other information that may be required from time to time in order to provide services to clients. We collect personal information from you in the course of our business, including when you contact or request information from us or when you engage our services.
The information is required to be provided under our contractual terms and also to fulfil our statutory and regulatory obligations.
Where you determine not to provide the data or request us to cease processing your data, we may need to cease provision of our services to you.
How we will use information about you
We use your information:
- to provide the service for which you have engaged us;
- providing third parties with your information where we identify a need to engage or liaise with the third party in order to deliver the services requested; and
- our own business purposes (for example, issuing invoices, record keeping, data analytics, auditing or training).
People who contact us by telephone
When you call us and elect to leave a voicemail, we will retain this voicemail on our systems in accordance with our data retention procedures.
People who email us
Any email sent to us, including any attachments, is checked for reasons of security and monitoring purposes. Email monitoring or blocking software is also used.
People who make a complaint to us
If you make a complaint to us, your contact details, the nature of your complaint and sufficient information to enable us to confirm your identity will be retained on our systems in line with our data retention procedures.
Sharing your information
We may disclose or transfer your information for the purposes set out in this privacy statement to:
- our employees, agents, service providers, licensee and other authorised representatives of the licensee who are required to maintain the confidentiality of this information;
- companies and organisations that assist us to provide the services for which you have engaged us;
- regulatory, police or law enforcement authorities and fraud prevention agencies, where we are compelled or permitted or required to do so by order of a court or governmental or administrative tribunal or by law, regulation or any other legal requirement; or
- any other person where disclosure is made at your request or with your consent.
Use of personal information for marketing purposes
We may use your personal information (other than sensitive information) to provide you with information about our products and services (or products of our related bodies corporate) that we consider may be of interest to you.
You may opt out at any time if you do not, or no longer, wish to receive marketing and promotional material. You may do this by:
- contacting us via e-mail or in writing at the address below and requesting that we no longer send you marketing or promotional material; or
- where applicable, clicking the “Unsubscribe” button.
Protecting and storing your information
The information we collect about you is stored under our control and with our selected archive and data backup service providers.
We have put in place security procedures plus technical and organisational measures that we consider appropriate to safeguard your personal information and which are intended to guard against unauthorised or unlawful access to, alteration, disclosure or destruction of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of or damage to personal data. Access to internal data servers is limited to specialist personnel and is controlled using defined policies.
We will only retain the information gathered for as long as is necessary, having regard to relevant laws and regulations and our data retention procedures. Such information may be retained after a matter has been closed, and for client identification purposes in accordance with our data retention procedures.
Access to your information and correction
If you would like access to some or all of the personal information we hold about you please send an e-mail to: email@example.com
You may ask us to correct, remove or cease processing information if you think it is inaccurate or where you wish us to cease provision of services.
If you agree, we will try to deal with your request informally, for example by providing you with the specific information you need over the telephone.
We may ask for certain personal information when you contact us in order to confirm your identity.
Should a situation arise where you feel the need to complain about how we process and/or retain your data we request that you contact us so that we may address your concerns.